Friday 10 October 2014

Ike Uche defends self over claims of turning down Nigeria, see his tweets

Ike Uche has aired his side of the recent story of getting called by an official of the super eagles,  as claimed by the coach Stephen Keshi.

Like some will say on this news piece, enough of this 'Keshi and Ike Uche' thing, but can Nigerians really shy away from this issue?

See Uche's tweet in the cut below and Keshi's comment on the player, on whom he asked never to be asked about any longer.
 


''I don’t want to talk about the issue of Ikechukwu Uche again and I don’t want anybody to ask me about him again,” Keshi said while responding to a journalist’s question the player according to GOAL.
 
''Before [last month’s] game against Congo, I did the list. I didn’t even want to do the list because I never knew I would come back to handle the team. I told them I am not the coach that [the NFF] should do the list but they said no, I should please do the list.

“I did the list and Ikechukwu Uche’s name was on the 25 man list I did. He (Ike Uche) didn’t even know about it because I did not tell him. Uche then called me four days later and said “Coach how are you? and I said boy it is good to hear your voice.” We just spoke like brothers and that was it.

No comments: