Wednesday 11 March 2015

FACT: United Manager Louis Van Gaal admits Di Maria's action is inexcusable

Louis van Gaal, has told Angel Di Maria that he has ''no excuses'' for getting sent off in their 2-1 defeat to Arsenal on Monday night.

The Red devils were already trailing the Gunners and looking to level up, the Argentine international was shown two quick yellows. Referee Michael Oliver initially booked him for diving and then for pulling him back.

''In Spain, he knows that he doesn’t touch the referee, but that is also in his emotion,'' United manager said after the game.

''I’ve already spoken with him, he knows my opinion but also I have to see on the video.

''I think he touched the referee and that’s forbidden in every country, so he has no excuses.

''Di Maria knows that he doesn’t have to touch the referee, so that is not so smart of him. Every player knows that.

''I have said to Di Maria the referee is the boss on the pitch and you have to adapt to that – not the other way round.

''But to control emotion is not so easy in such a match and I know that in these kind of matches, a red card is easy''

No comments: