Friday 24 April 2015

Fabregas joined Chelsea to win trophies says Mourinho

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho believes Cesc Fabregas opted to join the Blues ahead of Arsenal because he needed to crown his effort with trophies.
The Spanish midfielder joined Chelsea a year ago from Barcelona and would be playing against his former side for the first time since returning to the Premier League.

''I know why he chose Chelsea,'' Mourinho said. ''I don't know why he didn't choose Arsenal. I only know what we promised him and what he promised us. 

''I can't talk about why he left Arsenal, why he didn't go back. I don't know if it was his decision or the manager's decision. We promised him a team built in the style to suit his play. 

''Normally good projects go in hand with titles and he was looking for that.''

On whether the former Arsenal skipper would receive a warm welcome from the fans at the Emirates, Mourinho said: ''I'm not worried about that. Frank Lampard played at Stamford Bridge without any problem and with a good reception.

''I don't see a reason for Fabregas not to have the same at the Emirates. But he is more than ready if he has a bad reaction. He played at Barcelona in an Arsenal shirt.''

After 12 meetings, Jose Mourinho has not lost against Arsene Wenger's tutored side but Sundays affair promises to be a cracker.

No comments: