Thursday 16 July 2015

New Eagles Coach Sunday Oliseh's message to Nigerians and intending players at large

Former Super Eagles captain Sunday Ogorchukwu Oliseh has sent out a clear message to Nigerians upon assumption of office as head coach of the nation's senior team.
During his unveiling in Abuja, Oliseh mentioned that he has come with an intention of service and not to wage war against his employers or anyone.

"I have come to serve, and the NFF has promised to give me all the support I need to succeed, he said at the media presentation.

"They are the employers and I am the employee. That distinction has to be appreciated at all times.

''I have had meetings with members of the Technical and Development Committee, led by Chief Anyansi-Agwu, very knowledgeable people all. I have met members of the Executive Committeeand the General Secretary. I believe we will all work together excellently. It is a huge honour to be Head Coach of Nigeria.''

Regarding the issue of selecting players who will represent the country, the new man who replaced Stephen Keshi warned that players who ply their trades in lower leagues around the world have no place in his squad with exception to underaged players.
"If you are not playing  in first division in anywhere in the world and in Nigeria, you cannot play for the Super Eagles henceforth.''

''However players coming from the under-aged teams are the only exception to this rule."
Speaking further,  ''It’s a great honour to be a coach of this nation, - he said.

''First of all, I am not coming as a Messiah. I am not coming as a man who can single handedly turn Nigeria to Germany.

''I am coming in to do my best and give if possible 150% all the time.

''The state we are now in Nigeria I think we are all not happy with. Gone are the days we have individual players who can single handedly win a match for you. But we have the potentials and that is our belief and the players must know that it’s an honour to be invited to the national team.''

No comments: