Monday 3 August 2015

'I will never relegate my calling at NFF for Arsenal' - Amaju Pinnick defends self

Nigeria Football Federation President, Amaju Pinnick has explained why he was in England on Sunday after he was spotted at the Wembley Stadium where Arsenal defeated Chelsea to clinch the 2015 Community Shield.

Pinnick who is known to be an Arsenal fan was criticized by some section of Nigerian football lovers for going abroad to follow a foreign league game at the expense of National Team duties.

Nigeria U23 Dream Team and the Super Falcons were on duty in Congo and Banta respectively on Sunday for a spot in the Rio 2016 Olympics.

''Hello all, no doubt I am an Arsenal fan but I will never relegate my calling at NFF for Arsenal, he said in a statement.

''When Arsenal was playing against Manchester some months ago, I was on the road to Ibadan to watch 3SC against Rangers. My vision about my mission in NFF is clear and by God's grace we shall get there.

''I came to London for meetings with a consortium of would be sponsors, some requested to see the head coach.

Aside that, there are lots of global politics going on and if Nigeria must be accorded her pride of place in global football politics, then we must participate at the highest level.

''I appeal for your understanding and prayers, nothing good comes easy, I love you all AMP.''

Meanwhile, Nigeria Dream Team qualified at the expense of Congo while the Super Falcons failed to make it to the Olympics



No comments: