Wednesday 20 June 2012

OLIVIER GIROUD: Here comes another Gunner

For all Arsenal fans, this Summer has been "good"  at least, with the signing of new players for the 2012/2013 Football Season.

Adding to the list,  Arsenal have completed the signing of Olivier Giroud. It was announced on Tuesday that the France international has agreed to join the Club for £13m after a hugely successful two-year spell at Ligue 1 champions Montpellier.

According to the 25year old forward who scored a total of 21 goals for his club in last season's campaign, “I think I have the weapons to do well here,” Giroud told Arsenal Player. “I will need some time to adapt of course, but I’m not worried about that. I think I will adapt well.

“I’m a player who likes to play, who likes to participate in the game. That’s why I think the way Arsenal play will suit me. I like scoring goals and Arsenal create a lot of chances, so if I do well, then we will do well.

“There is a nice sporting challenge as well at Arsenal, and I will play to create history and enjoy myself and give pleasure to the fans. I think that the Premier League corresponds well with me.”

With Lukas Podolski from Cologne and now Giroud, it is very clear what the Arsenal management intends to do next season. Keeping Robin Van Persie is key to the club, if it means adding to their arsenals, why not? 

Every player that joins Arsenal at this point in time should be aware of the current status of the club in terms of winning titles and pressure from fans. I will take more than skills boy. Good luck Arsenal.

No comments: