Tuesday 22 April 2014

UEFA Champions League: A date with Chelsea delights Courtois

Athletico Madrid Goal keeper Thibuat Courtios has revealed that he is delighted to have been cleared by UEFA to play against his parent club Chelsea, in the semi-finals of the Champions League.

Last week, UEFA waived a fee that Atletico Madrid were to pay the Blues, if the two clubs face each other.

“I’m very relieved. That we’ve drawn Chelsea is special because even though I’m at Atleti, Chelsea are my club,” the Belgian told Uefa.com.

It is the first time the La Liga club will qualify for the Champions League last four since 1974 and Courtois is desperate to win silverware with Diego Simeone’s side.

“I want to win trophies here and I’ll be an Atleti supporter for these two games, but at all other timesI’m a Chelsea fan too,” added Courtois, who has never played for the Stamford Bridge club since signing a
five-year contract on his arrival from Genk for an undisclosed fee in 2011.

“I hope they win the Premier League, just not these two
matches. I really hope we can reach the final as we’re
so close. They’re the favourites, but Barca were too.”

1 comment:

champions league live said...

The bar cart is IT! Too perfect! Another amazing score! What we see all the first time we have learned the hard way not to break up are perfect! Looking caveman! It was a great weekend of football!