Saturday 18 October 2014

Quotes from Fernando Torres' reasons for leaving Chelsea

Spanish striker Fernando Torres revealed why he left Chelsea to join AC Milan on-loan this season.

The striker who struggles to make much impact at the Stamford bridge since joining also said that Jose Mourinho tried his best to retain him at the club for this season's campaign.

“I had decided to leave Chelsea,” Torres told Corriere dello Sport. “With Mourinho there was a relationship of respect, but the club had bought a new striker.

“With the coach I had spoken often about my future. He wanted me to stay in London, but I needed a new stimulus for my career.

“That day I received a phone call from Milan. I was presented with the offer I had been waiting for. I was at a particular moment in my career.

“I needed a change and I was aiming to find a team that would guarantee me a starting spot. I had other opportunities, but I chose Milan because they proved that they really wanted me.

Obviously the man left because of his fellow compatriot Diego Costa who is in a better goal-scoring form, or what do u think?

No comments: