Monday 29 September 2014

Diego Costa to lead Chelsea attack against Sporting - Mourinho

Jose Mourinho has made it clear that Diego Costa will be the man to lead the attack when Chelsea confront Sporting in the UEFA Champions League on Tuesday in Portugal.


According to Dailymail UK, The Blues boss confirmed that he prefers to start with the eight-goal striker after ahead of Loic Remy after leaving Didier Drogba behind due to an ankle injury.

''In this moment, if Diego can play, I play Diego,'' said MOU. ''The team had a pre-season with him. The team worked with him a lot of times. He's playing with us every match in the Premier League. So the team at this moment is more made to play with Diego.


''I think Remy is learning how to play with us. His pace is good, his movement is good, he can get behind defenders, he's not bad in the air. He has some similarities with Diego and if he has to play, no problem. But I prefer to play Diego.

''There is a risk, yes. But we assume the risk and he plays. I don't rest people. I make decisions. I don't think about Arsenal on Sunday. I think about Sporting. I'm going to start with the team I think is the best team.''

For the Special One, Sporting was where it all started for him in the early 90's.




No comments: