Saturday 20 September 2014

Wenger defends Ozil, says he would pay €50m for him again if....

A player like Mesut Ozil would make Arsene Wenger cough out €50 million if the opportunity presents itself again.
The Gunners manager made this statement following the criticism of the record signing for his below-par performances this term and disagreed that the player is being weighed down by the price tag. Instead, the Frenchman says it is down to the entire team to play well, not just Ozil.
''I would pay the money again. Of course. You expect the team to play well and not to put the responsibility on any one player to be a magician that does not exist any more in the modern game,” he told reporters.
''Of course I have to get the best out of him because of his price. But I feel that responsibility exactly the same for a player who cost €1. He did not pay the €50m himself.
''When I see a talent, for any player, I think ‘how can I get the best out of him?’. That is not linked with price. It is just a coincidence that the market is like it is.''

No comments: