Saturday 21 February 2015

Premier League: Joey Barton tenders apology to QPR Fans after seeing red against Hull City


Joey Barton was sent off for violent conduct as QPR fell to a 2-1 defeat by Hull City in Saturday's Premier League game.

He was dismissed for attempting to hit Tom Huddlestone in a sensitive area but took to social media to apologize to his teammates and traveling fans.

''Young kid making his debut has made a good tackle. Couple of Hull players trying to get him sent off. My job as captain is to protect him, he said on his twitter handle @Joey7Barton. 

''I've tried to prevent Hull's players influencing referee as u can see by me pushing Bruce away.

''My actions towards Huddlestone were certainly not malicious, it was a stupid reaction to being barged but I can appreciate it wasn't right.

''I'm gutted I got sent off. I've let my teammates down today and being someone who puts the team above everything else I'm gutted about that.

''I've apologised to the lads and would like to apologise to all QPR fans who travelled today.
QPR rallied from a goal behind after going one man down, Charlie Austin equalizing with a header six minutes before half-time and then celebrating by limping around in reference to having a move to Hull collapse over a failed medical.

But, just after Rob Green had denied Dame N'Doye with a brilliant save, the January signing got his revenge by beating Green to the resulting corner for the win.

No comments: