Friday 6 February 2015

Wenger defends Wilshere, says he is not a smoker

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has taken to the defense of Jack Wilshere on the recently reported smoking incident.

The England midfielder was pictured holding a Shisha pipe in a night club in London just months after he was caught smoking at a pool party during the summer holidays.

According to reports on Talksport, "But I observe him well and he behaves in a very professional way. It's down to him to master his life. He had the day off the next day and he went out to watch the Superbowl, -said Wenger.

"When he's here he has to follow the rules that we dictate here, when he's out of his job it's his own responsibility to behave like he wants to behave.

"I believe he works hard, he practices well, he's ahead of schedule in his training, he's two weeks ahead, and you don't do that if you are not serious.He is first in, last out, and he works very hard to get there. I am not worried at all about that.

"You need sometimes to relieve the pressure a bit. I think today it's much more difficult because everywhere you go people make photos and a photo shows one second of your life.

"It doesn't define who you are. I believe you have to take that with a distance as well. I remember when I was in Brazil, I have been seen with some photos by people I didn't even know were around me so you have to be very careful about that. "

No comments: