Friday 23 January 2015

Nigeria's Asisat Oshoala Signs For Liverpool FC Ladies

Liverpool FC Ladies have announced the signing of Nigeria's Asisat Oshoala.

The 20-Year old was recently announced the African Women's Player of the Year 2014 made the move fom Rivers Angels of Port Harcourt .

Delighted Oshoala said about the move to the Merseyside, "Since I began my football career I have always dreamt of being a professional footballer, so to be able to join the reigning Women's Super League champions is absolutely fantastic.

"Liverpool Ladies are a massive club, who have some fantastic players who I believe can help to develop my game to the next level. It was also a big incentive to be able to play in the UEFA Women's Champions League, which is a huge competition and one I'm confident we can do well in." (Source Liverpoolfc.com)

Oshoala emerged as the best player and highest goal scorer at the 2014 FIFA U-20 Women's World Cup.

No comments: