Monday 12 January 2015

Puskas Award: Gullit to represent Robin Van Persie at Ballon D'or Gala Night

Manchester United striker, Robin Van Persie has revealed that he would not be at the FIFA Ballon D'or Gala night in Zurich this evening but will be represented by fellow countryman Ruud Gullit if need be.
FIFA.COM
 The Dutchman who has been nominated for Puskas Award will be watching from home in the north-west of England, due to an injury he sustained at the weekend while on duty for his club against Southampton.
 
''I will be watching it from home and my good friend @GullitR will take the honour for me,'' he said on Twitter.
 
Quoting the flying Dutchman, '' On advice of the club medical staff I am unable to fly out to Zurich
tomorrow to attend the FIFA Ballon d'Or gala for my nomination of the Puskas Award. I wish everybody there the best of luck and a great evening.'' (FIFA.COM)

The Puskas Award is an award for the ''Goal of The Year'' category, and RVP contend with Republic of Ireland's Stephanie Roche and James Rodriguez for the title.
 

No comments: