Tuesday 27 January 2015

Samuel Etoo Bids Everton Fans Farewell as he Joins Sampdoria

Former Cameroon Captain Samuel Etoo has sent a farewell message to the Toffees having joined Italian Serie A side, Sampdoria on a three year contract.

Etoo moved to the Italian club after completing his loan deal at Everton where he score a four goals in 12 games.

The former Indomitable Lion, took to social media to express his gratitude in a letter to the Toffees via his Twitter page @setoo9 which reads:

''Dear Toffees,
I've been blessed to spend these past few months with you.

To my pleasure, I have discovered here a crowd of warm, passionate, affectionate and supportive fans... It's time for me to leave, but wherever I go, I will bring with me all the memories we've built together.

A special "Thank You" to the Everton staff who helped me settle down and of course to our manager Roberto, who made all of that possible.
It was an honour to be part of your army.''

The four time African Footballer of the year hopes to help Sampdoria who are fifth in Serie A, 15 points behind leaders Juventus.

No comments: