Tuesday 26 May 2015

Asisat Oshoala wins first BBC Women's Footballer of The Year Award


Africa's best Asisat Oshoala has won the first edition of BBC Women’s footballer of the year award.

The Liverpool Ladies star beat Spain's Veronica Boquete, German Nadine Kessler, Scot Kim Little and Brazilian Marta claim the award.

The shortlist was selected by a panel of experts including administrators, journalists, coaches and former players while the winner was decided by football fans around the world through voting.

"I am extremely proud to have won this award as it is a real honour for both myself and my family, said Oshoala.

"Just to be nominated against such world-class players was a real privilege, but to have won the award is absolutely fantastic.

"Last year was an incredible year as I managed to help Nigeria U20s get to the U20 World Cup final, as well as being named African Women's Footballer of the Year, so this award tops off a great year.

"I would like to thank everyone that voted for me, with a special mention to my supporters in Nigeria, including my previous club River Angels and my current club, Liverpool Ladies."


Source: Liverpoolfc.com

No comments: