Tuesday 5 May 2015

Dangote still interested in buying Arsenal Football Club of England

Africa's richest Aliko Dangote (according to Bloomberg Billionaire s index) has revealed that he still has to buy English Premier League side, Arsenal.

The Business Mogul said in an interview on a flight between Adis Ababa and Lagos: "I still hope, one day at the right price, that I'll buy the team."

"I might buy it, not at a ridiculous price but a price that the owners won't want to resist. I know my strategy.
Arsenal is currently valued at $1.4bn and Stan Kroenke, owner of the National Football League's St. Louis Rams holds 67% shares in the club. Uzbek billionaire Alisher Usmanov and Farhad  Moshiri, own 30‰.

If he succeeds in his future bid, it would make the Nigerian the first African owner of a club in England.

Source: Bloomberg

No comments: