Wednesday 20 May 2015

De Gea is United's Player of the Season

David De Gea has been named Manchester United's player of the season in an award ceremony held on Tuesday.
Source: Manutd.com (Wayne Rooney and David De Gea)
The Spanish Goalkeeper has been on top of his game for the Red devils this season and is currently in contract talks with reports linking him to Real Madrid.

"I want to say thank you to my team-mates, they have been fantastic this season and I love them. We have a great dressing room and I would like to say thank you very much," said De Gea after being presented with his award by club captain Wayne Rooney.

When asked about his favourite save of the season, the Spaniard said simply: "I think for the goalkeepers any save is important to help the team. I am very pleased [with the award] and I only want to say thank you to my team-mates."

Fellow Spaniard Juan Mata also recieved for the Goal of the Season award for his second strike in the 2-1 win over Liverpool in March.

No comments: