Wednesday 3 June 2015

Super Eagles Experience: Shobowale appreciates Keshi

Kano Pillars midfielder Shobowale Azeez has expressed his appreciation to Super Eagles coach Stephen Keshi for the opportunity handed him to have a feel of senior national team.
Shobowale Azeez in Kano Pillars Jersey (Left)
In an exclusive chat with SportsTalk, he said that the experience he has gained cannot be quantified despite not making the list of eight players retained by the gaffer for the Afcon qualifier against Chad.

''I like to thank God for everything and to coach Keshi for calling me up in the first place, - he said.

''I never expected it, but when the chance came I was glad. So, I'm happy for the experience even if I did not make the team that will play Chad but I believe my time will come.

The former Dolphin FC player, also recounted his experience at training and what it feels like to be in camp.

''The pattern here is quite different from what we do at club side. It was more of tactical discipline. You just have a feel of togetherness and understanding.''

Shobowale has however returned to his club base in Kano as they continue their quest for glory in the Glo Premier League 2014/2015 season.

Meanwhile, the Super Eagles camp has witnessed the arrival of some foreign-based players who would join up with the home-based professionals to prosecute the qualifier against Chad.




No comments: