Saturday 6 July 2013

Paulinho joins Spurs. Funny: Assou-Ekoto has never heard about him


Tottenham have completed the signing of Paulinho from Corinthians for £17.1million. 

Spurs announced the news on Saturday morning after the 24-year-old Brazilian completed his medical at the club.

Paulinho said: 'I am very happy and excited to have joined Spurs. It's a huge pleasure for my career to be at a club as big as Tottenham.'

Meanwhile, defender Assou-Ekoto told Goal.com: ' I don’t know what he looks like. I don’t know him, I don’t follow this kind of news.

'It’s like two or three years ago, Rafael van der Vaart was there in training one day. I said hello to him but I didn’t know he was Rafael van der Vaart.

'I don’t understand people who don’t understand me (not showing an interest in football). Most people don’t go back home with their job and it’s the same for me.

According to Spurs website, He has made a total of 86 league appearances, scoring 20 goals while helping the Sao Paulo-based club to the Brazilian Serie A league championship in 2011 as well as the Copa Libertadores and FIFA Club World Cup a year later.

His fine performances at club level have also seen him twice named in the Serie A Team of the Year in 2011 and 2012.
 
The 24-year-old, capped by Brazil 17 times, helped his country to FIFA Confederations Cup success last Sunday with victory against world champions Spain and also scored the equaliser against England in the 2-2 draw at the Maracana last month.
 




No comments: