Friday 3 May 2013

Arsene Wenger: I am not leaving Arsenal

 Photo: GETTY IMAGES
Arsenal Manager, Arsene Wenger has once again ruled out rumour that he will be leaving Arsenal before the end of his contract and hinted he would like to stay past 2014.

Wenger still has another season left to run on his current deal, but has been linked with a summer switch to Paris Saint-Germain. Wenger, though, stressed his only focus was on securing Arsenal a top-four finish in the Premier League again and then planning to further strengthen the squad in the transfer window, with the best part of £100m at his disposal.

Addressing journalists in a press conference ahead of QPR encounter, Wenger said: "I answered that question already. I respect my contracts. I want to stay [on past 2014] if I do well and if I consider or the club considers that I do well, that is all. I want this club to do well, that is my basic feeling.

"We have gone through a period that was very sensitive, we are coming out of it now, in a much stronger position financially. I believe the club is in a very strong position for the future."

No doubt Wenger has transformed the London club since joining in 1996, but the question is if he's the one to take the club to the next level craved for by the fans.

Meanwhile, Arsenal are currently battling for 4th position along with their fellow Londoners Tottenham and Chelsea.

No comments: