Thursday 9 May 2013

Lampard hopes to remain at the bridge next season

Frank Lampard admits he remains hopeful that he will still be at Chelsea next season.

The England international midfielder is out of contract at the end of the current campaign and has yet to be offered a new deal at Stamford Bridge.

Lampard has been linked with a move to America, but the 34-year-old hopes to resolve his future at Chelsea and earn a new contract.

"I've always said that I wanted to spend all my career here and I think everyone knows that," Lampard told Sky Sports.

Asked if he could have done any more to earn a new deal, Lampard added: "Maybe I could do more, you can always do more but I've been pretty pleased [with his form].

"I just want to contribute and I want to keep doing that for the last three games."

No comments: