Friday 8 August 2014

''I did not expect Mexico to be this strong'' - Nigerian Coach

After failing to beat Mexico in their opening Group C game of the FIFA Women's U-20 World cup which ended 1-1, Nigeria coach Peter Dedevbo, has admitted that he didn't expect envisage the fight he saw from the North American side.

In his word ''I did not expect them to be this strong. They have given me the opportunity to see some lapses in my team which I’m going to work on. I’m not satisfied with a draw. I wanted a win to put the team top of Group C.''

Dedevbo also added that they would work more in training on ball control, passing and finishing.

He said: ''Is like every other match; at times in some matches what you expect to see or when you plan your strategies it does not work out for you. You feel a bit disappointed. There is no problem; it happens like that in most first matches of every competition. The team gave in their best''

No comments: