Friday 29 August 2014

Mourinho wants Torres to stay at Chelsea

Despite several reports linking Chelsea striker Fernando Torres to clubs, manager Jose Mourinho said he is part of his plans for the season.

Speaking ahead of Everton clash billed for Saturday, the Portuguese said "What we have clear is that we need three strikers to face the season, he is one of them''

"I like him as a person. I like him as a player. If he wants to leave it is something he didn't say to me. At the moment he is our player, nothing more than that.

''If he wants to leave I believe it is because he wants to try a new life, a new club, a new league. If he wants to leave I believe it is to try and be happier than he was in the last couple of years.

''This is a very human club in the way it tries to approach these situations. If he comes to us then any possibility will be analysed.''

No comments: