Tuesday 26 August 2014

Record Transfer: Di Maria says Manchester United is the only club he would have left Madrid for

Argentine international Di Maria has joined Manchester United for a British record fee of £59.7million  from Real Madrid.
 
The 26-year old signed a five-year contract for the club he termed to be his best option as he moved from Santiago Benabeau.
 
Angel Di Maria said: "I am absolutely delighted to be joining Manchester United. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time in Spain and there were a lot of clubs interested in me, but United is the only club that I would have left Real Madrid for. (Club Website report)
 
He began his career at one of the most prolific youth academies in Argentinian football, Rosario Central. In 2007, he moved to Europe to play for Portuguese club Benfica, before signing for Real Madrid in 2010. The Argentina international has 52 caps for his national team, scoring 10 goals.

No comments: