Thursday 28 August 2014

Samuel Eto'o says goodbye to international football

Instagram/@setoo9
Cameroun international Samuel Eto'o has decided to call it quit on the international scene.
 
The four-time African Footballer of the Year confirmed this on Wednesday as he dropped a statement on his Facebook account which reads:
 
''I wish to inform you that I put a definitive end to my international career. On this occasion, I wish to thank all Africans in particular and all my fans around the world for their love and unconditional support. Find here the expression of my deep gratitude.'' Samuel Eto'o Fils
 
 
The former Chelsea and Barcelona striker who recently signed a two year contract with Everton last played for the indomitable Lions during the last World Cup in Brazil.
 
He had a total of 116 caps, won two Africa Cup of Nations titles in 2000 and 2008, a competition in which he is the top all-time scorer with 18 goals, and the 2000 Olympic gold medal. He is also Cameroon’s record scorer with 55 goals.

No comments: